Search all the help articles:
What is the Cost of Cluster Mailbox Units?
Cluster Mailbox Units (CBU’s) can have a higher upfront cost than some other types of centralized, 4C mail delivery units. However, despite the often higher upfront cost, cluster mailboxes can offer benefits that will save you and your property money in the long run.
Upfront Cost. Cluster mailbox units can range from just over $1,000 for a unit with just four doors and one or two parcel lockers, to around $2,200 for units with up to twenty doors. Extra, pedestal parcel lockers that can be mounted beside these units often cost slightly less than their counterparts.
Other Costs to Consider. When considering centralized cluster mailboxes, other costs to consider are:
- Those of pouring new concrete slabs, if necessary. You will need a concrete slab for each cluster mailbox and pedestal parcel locker unit.
- Whether additional parcel lockers will be needed. If you’re purchasing a unit with over ten customer doors and no parcel lockers, you will need to also purchase enough parcel lockers so that there is at least one for every ten customer units. This does not apply if you are not planning for USPS delivery.
- Whether you’re expecting additional tenants in the future. If this is the case, purchasing a unit with more doors than you currently need will be more cost effective than buying a new CBU/pouring a new concrete slab later when the need arises.
- Whether you need extra security. Vandal-proof fasteners can be purchased with your units, though this cost is minimal. However, it can save money by preventing vandalism.
- Do you want professional installation? This can add to the cost, but can ensure that the job is done correctly.
Benefits. Cluster mailboxes and parcel lockers are very durable and are unlikely to need much maintenance or to be replaced in many years. They are highly resistant to weather, tampering, disasters, and vandalism. This means that the purchase and installation cost will likely be the only cost you will have.
CBU Feature and Maintenance Videos:
Watch informative videos that will help you understand the full potential of cluster box units. Whether for commercial or residential use, CBUs are so versatile for any property.