Wall-mounted mailboxes are some of the most common on the market, and for good reason. They’re easy to install, come in a variety of makes and colors, and best of all, they can be used for a variety of things, and not just USPS delivery.
Most people think only of the wall-mounted mailboxes found on many suburban homes, but did you know they can be used for many other applications? Models exist for business and municipal use, and it is these that have a much wider spectrum of uses than your standard USPS mailboxes.
What are Wall Mount Collection Mailboxes?
Wall Mount Collection Mailboxes are basically larger versions of the standard wall-mount mailboxes that are commonly seen on homes. However, there are some major differences.
- While regular mailboxes tend to be smaller and often don’t lock, wall mount collection mailboxes tend to be larger and of sturdier construction.
- They’re designed to handle anything from packages to collections of letters.
- Many are approved for USPS delivery, but many others are approved only for private use, and these models have more flexible uses.
- Some models can recess into walls for greater security.
- Some models come with large package hold boxes, which are ideal for businesses and other establishments.
- Letter collection boxes are also available to collect smaller pieces of mail.
- If mounting to a wall would be impractical, rack ladder letter drop boxes are also available. These units are designed to slide into a rack and are best used if multiple businesses need letter delivery in one area.
What Can These Wall Mount Collection Boxes Be Used For?
Depending on the model, wall mount collection mailboxes can be used for a good variety of things. Businesses that receive package delivery from a variety of carriers can’t use regular USPS mailboxes for these things, so a larger vault collection mailbox for private delivery will be ideal for collecting these items, especially if delivered after hours. They’re also a great tool for businesses to use when delivering parcels to each other.
However, wall-mounted collection mailboxes can also be used for:
- Collecting payments. These payments can be apartment rent, city tax payments, subscription payments, and more. Typically, townships and cities can use such a system, as well as property managers. Models meant for letter collection will be great for this purpose. Easy payment collection also improves the ability of tenants and subscribers to make their payments on time, which benefits everyone.
- Book or Other Media Drop-Offs. Libraries, schools, colleges, and other institutions will need an easy system to allow borrowers to drop off media like DVDs, music, audiobooks, or other physical materials, especially if they are open for limited hours. Choose a model that is sturdy and locks and consider a model that can recess into a solid wall.
- In some cases, wall-mounted drop boxes could be used for ballot drop-ff. Heavy duty models are available if security is a concern, with options for upgrading to deadbolt locks and the Claw locking system.
- Outgoing mail from military bases or college campuses. Wall mounted collection mailboxes of all types could be used to collect large volumes of outgoing mail from places that use private delivery and mail distribution. These convenient units will prevent the need for students, teachers, or personnel to visit a busy mail room during certain hours to send out letters or packages. Wall-mounted collection mailboxes that are USPS-approved can also collect mail and packages from home.
- Drop-offs for food or other donations. Many charitable organizations use drop boxes to increase donations. If you go this route and want something besides a bin, using a collection box with a vault, or one leading into a bin, may be the way to go.
- Monetary donations. Setting up a donation box for cash donations or a fundraiser is a great way to improve the chances of success. Just be sure to get a locking model if you choose to use a wall-mounted collection box, and those meant for letters will work well. If you go this route, be sure to ask your local authorities about any laws that may apply.
- An easy way to dispose of unused medications. Many pharmacies and other businesses are designated mediation drop-off sites.
- Assignment drop-off. Some educational institutions can make use of wall-mounted collection boxes to receive assignments during off-times or after hours.
Need to Find the Right Collection Mailbox?
National Mailboxes carries a good selection of different wall-mounted collection mailboxes to suit your needs. If you or your business is in need of a collection mailbox, and you’re unsure which one is the right model, contact us today. We’re here to answer your questions and help you choose the best model for you.